Thursday, August 28, 2008

Pig out in the Park 08

It is Pig out in the Park time. For those of you forgien to SPokane.... THis is when most of the local resturaunts set up a booth in he giant park down town. Bands play, vendors sell purses, dresses, bags, toys, and people EAT!!! I asked Steve and Mary to join Madi and I at the park (Jason had to work today, we'll take daddy tomorrow). I tried Greek food for the first time and a Hawaiian Salmon. Steve ate a giant piece of cheesecake on a stick (can we say "heaven"). We had a great time.
Mary and I making our serious, sexy faces. As serious and one can get in a crowd of 15,000 people.
Here is Madi walking along next to Steve. I love how tiny she looks next to him. It reminds me of how small she is in comparision to everyone....but she has a huge presence and holds such a huge place in all our hearts.
Ahhh, Grandma and grandpa.....
This is Madi's new dress. While at the park, she dumped a lemonde on her capris and tshirt. I had just bought this dress for her to wear next summer. I had to put it on her in the park because her other clothes were wet. She had picked out the wear her pretty gold shoes earlier....turns out...they matched.
Her dress was too big. I had to use a clothes pin I found (how random, I know) to tie up the dress a little so she wouldn't trip. Madi loved her dress. She ran around the booths making so many people smile and comment on how adorable she is. I could only smile. Her personality and her sunshine dress really radiated to everyone and made us happy.
One of my favorite moments of the evening....Madi spotted Grandma in a booth, got very excited. I love that she know Grandma, Grandpa, and my mom Nonna. Having them in her life is so important.
Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for hangin'. And we want to give a shout our to Grandma who tried a bite of my Greek gyros (which is yummy yummy by the way). It was a wierd thing for her, but she tried. Way to go.

4 comments:

Mary said...

Thanks for inviting Grandpa and me to the park. It was great fun. And as you said, "Madi is adorable in her new sunshine dress and golden shoes". She is so proud of those shoes.What a sweetheart. And what a way to end the afternoon with a big kiss from Madi. Thanks mary for the fun afternoon.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. Madi has grown up so fast. She will be grown into that dress by no time.

Rach said...

Gotta love a good pig out in the park. Love Madis dress it's like a ray of sunshine!

Laurie said...

Madi is darling. Wish we could have been there to join in the fun. We had our own "pig out" at the fair over the weekend. It was nice and cool. Happy Birthday to Jason! Love you all.