Friday, August 1, 2008

Good Day

After I put Madi to bed, I sat down to watch my show and have a few minutes to myself. I began reviewing my day. My first thought was...."Today was a pretty low key day, nothing special." Then i corrected myself...today was a pretty good day....
Today was my day off. Madi slept through the night. she woke up in a good mood and we played together. When she went down for her morning nap. I had some time to exercise. I did 1/2 hour of belly dancing and 1/2 hour of yoga (Both were shows I have set to record on FIT tv). I then did a little work from home. Then Steve and Mary came over and visited for a short while. About that time Jason woke up from a late night of work the night before. Jay, Madi and myself went to lunch and the Olive Garden. I bought a sweather that was on clearance for only $10. THen we walked around the Riverpark. Jason went to work, and Madi and I layed down for a nap.
We played, picked some tomatoes from the garden, and watered the tree. After Madi's bath, she helped me bake a cake. While it cooled, I put Madi to bed. No crying, she kicked the side for just a few minutes, and very quickly went to bed. Whew!!!
Then I finished the cake.
I am very pround of this cake and it a vegan chocolate cake with HOMEMADE butter cream frosting. THe house is picked up, Madi and I had a great day, I got lunch and got to spend time with Jason. I got a new sweater for only $10 bucks. I baked a cake....and even blogged. It's days like this that make me feel like I am doing a good job. ANd a day where I feel like that is rare...and is a big deal. I wish you all a day like this. You deserve it, as do I.

2 comments:

Pemberton Family said...

I love the blog, love the header but most of all I love this post!! You always do a good job, it shouldn't matter from day to day you are SUPERMOMMY!!! These pics are cute and I love the pic of you and Madi, you look so PRETTY!! Love ya!

Courtney said...

I think you guys are donig a great job too. Isn't funny how things that seem mundane can make for a wonderful day.