Thursday, January 10, 2008

Well, Madi had her 6 month appointment today. She is 17.5 pounds (73rd percentile) and 26 3/4" long (82 nd percentile). She got her shots, which she isn't happy about. She cried, but was a champ and I just dropped her off at School. She has some trouble with her ears. We have to give her a medicine in hopes of clearing up her ears. If it doesn't work, she may need tubes put in, but the Dr said we had a few options before that. I feel good that this medicine plus antibodies from my breastmilk will work. She is growing perfectly.

Madi was doing well with her check up. Then she had enough of the probing and started to get MAD!!! Dr Thompson thought that was a cool personality trait of hers.....She is totally laid back mellow and takes alot of guff, but she has a breaking point. When you cross that...look out. She is a fire cracker. Hmm sounds alot like Me. I thought that was kind of cool that other people other than Jason and I are able to see her personality now.

She is a quiet, inquistive observer (like Jason). She has little patience with others (like Jason). She wants it her way or no way at all (like Jason and Me). When she wants something she wants it now!! (alot like me too). She loves the water and being naked (I hope she grows out of this) and hates to have her PJ's put on. She pees on me anytime I change her diaper, but doesn't with anyone else. I think it a game she likes to play with me. She fights sleep, I think because she doesn't want to miss anything. She giggles when I play Peek-a-boo with her and loves it when Daddy rubs her head - she WILL fall asleep to this.
She has grown into her feet, but not her ears. She makes me laugh and my heart smile. I have enjoyed the past 6 months (sleepless nights, and all) and look forward to all the other precious and unpredictable adventures that lay before us.
P.S. I will post a picture when i get home tonight.

9 comments:

The Mac Attack said...

Thanks for the post Mari. Im glad her check-up went so well. And I love how you have been figuring out what parts of her personality are yours, Jasons and just her. Its to cute. I hope her ears get better. I dont't want you to have to deal with that. But if you do I know that you will do awesome!!! We love you and Mae can't waite to hang out with Madi again.

Mary said...

I love Madi just the way she is. She is just like God planned and everything will be perfect when she is grown. Her personality will change from week to week and one day she will be who she is suppose to be. Loving, caring, cute, smart, beautiful, eager to learn, active, and have the most beautiful ears.
Grandma loves you and hopes to see you next weekend. 

The Mac Attack said...

Oh crap I just relized that it sounded like I was talking about the size of Madis ears (which I dont even notice). What Im refering to is that I hope she doesnt have to have tubes put in. I dont want you to have to deal with that.

Laurie said...

I think Madi is perfect just the way she is. She is beautiful! I hope her ear problems get better soon. It was so wonderful to see everyone at Christmas. Maybe we can come up within the next couple of months to visit you all. We love you guys and think of you often. Take care!

Pemberton Family said...

Mari you are wonderful and putting your thoughts down in writing. I love what you had to say about Madi. Having children is one of life's (and God's) most precious gift. She is so blessed to have you as her mother. However, though I love your writing I also love seeing pictures of her so if you could post another that would be wonderful. I don't get to see her enough and I know she is growing and changing daily!!! Love you guys!
PS Her ears are adorable:)

Courtney said...

I think Madi has a great personality, Andrew thinks she is too adorable too. I think he will be a pistol when she gets older which will make her a lot of fun :)
I hate that we are soo far away. I wish we could spend more time together.

Conlin Family said...

Mari, it's so much fun watching from each check-up to the other to see how much they grow. It looks like she's growing really well and she's so adorable! I still think she looks just like you!
Thanks for your comment on my blog. As for the furniture we were also in your situation using a TV tray as a nightstand and plastic drawers for a dresser!
I will tell my mom and Brent hi for you! Have a great weekend. =)

Amanda said...

And just when you get used to her peeing on you and refusing to put on her jammies, she'll be going potty in the big girl toilet and will be wearing her jammies constantly. They change so much, it's insane. I couldn't get Johslyn into footie pajamas for the life of me. She H.A.T.E.D them. Now, she loves and that's all she will wear. It's mid-day and she is running around in her full-footed Dr. Seuss pjs. ha!

I am glad her appts went good! Sorry to hear about her ear trouble. I hope she outgrows that too.

Sharon said...

Mari, HI! I have seen some of your blog as well, through Julie's blog. Your family is so cute and your baby is adorable! I'll mention to Brent that I've been in touch with you and give him your blog address, but he's a guy and doesn't do much with the blogging!*S*