Tuesday, November 18, 2008

My mother is laughing

When I was a little girl, I ground my teeth. It annoyed my family something fierce. My mom said you could hear it across a room. Well, guess who has started grinding her teeth. I was reading her a bedtime story and heard the strangest sound. It sounded like miniature bubble wrap being popped. I took me a few minutes to figure out what it was....and it turns out, It is super annoying. Now my mom is laughing, because inevitably, what we terrorized our parents with as children has and will come back to haunt us with our children. Lord Help Me!!!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Uh oh! I hope you can nip that in the bud soon! What a horrible noise.

And I belive in the whole mother/daughter karma. I think I am in trouble when my little one is a teenager!

Courtney said...

Aiden grinds. It doens't bother me too much yet. He doesn't do it all the time. it started about two weeks ago. They probably have to those buggers are sharp and jagged when they first come out.

Pemberton Family said...

HAHA!! Colt used to do that, I would make him stop when he did (I was always worried it would ruin his teeth) he no longer does it. He got tired of getting flicked in the lip when he did do it and so he finally stopped. Thank goodness, it drove Dave crazy!! Get her a mouth guard:) On another note I got a pamphlet in the mail the other day about 18 month milestones and they said I should take my baby to the dentist!! At 18 months!! That seems so early but I am going to ask my dentist next time I go for myself. I figure as long as I brush his teeth he's good to go until at least 3, maybe I am wrong though:)