Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Family Ties

Jason's great aunt came down to Washington from Alaska to visit family. Jason and I drove down to Walla Walla for a few hours. We got to have breakfast and visit Aunt Isabella and His grandma as well as hang out with with David, Karen, Laurie, Aaron, Michael, Penny, Steve and Mary.

Here is Jason Grandma Lucille and his Great Aunt Isabella. She is an elder in their tribe and presented an honorable eagle feather to Grandma Lucille. Only Native Americans are allowed to have such a priceless symbol. It was fantastic getting to visit and learn.
Jason and Madilyn are applying to become members of the tribe. We may be traveling to Alaska next summer to make it official. We will see.




2 comments:

The Mac Attack said...

How fun! That would be so cool to go to Alaska next Summer.

Pemberton Family said...

It was wonderful talking to you tonight. Sorry we got cut off, my cell phone never gets reception the minute I get to my parents house. Hope you enjoy your weekend with your little girl. I am excited to SLEEP tonight! Love ya!