Monday, January 25, 2010

I Know I know

It has come to my attention, that I have not posted is quite a while (thank Diane;-) )
But it is true, It has been 2 months. I must preface this post with....our computer is broken. When it is repaired (which we think it will be done next week) I will post some pictures. But for now, I will just give you an update.

Many things have happened since November. Most notable....we are having a boy. He is yet to be named and when we decide I think we will keep it quiet until he arrives. Along with the exciting news from the ultrasound that we are having a boy comes some troublesome news that we have some complications with this pregnancy. I have developed something called "Circum-vallate Placenta". It is an abnormality with the edges of the placenta that can cause it to curl up from the uterine wall which can cause me to begin bleeding and we would need an emergency c-section. In addition to that the mis-shapen placenta can restrict the nutrients, blood flow, and oxygen to the baby cause his growth to slow and it is possible that we may have to deliver him early because life would be healthier for him outside me than inside of me. This news was very difficult for me to process. The doctors believed I was looking good at that point and that beginning in January I would begin frequent ultrasounds to monitor my progress.
I had a hard time dealing with this at first, but I gave it up to God and through alot of prayer and family support I made it through those scary thoughts. I changed my thinking to..."then I need to make him as strong as possible for however long I have him inside me"
I had my first of my additional ultrasounds a little over a week ago and I am please to report that this little guy is measuring 4.5 pounds and is in the 70th percentile. The Dr says I look great and he looks strong and healthy. I don't have to have another ultrasound till Feb 12th. We have 3-d pictures of his little face. I will post those when the computer is back. He is very healthy and strong.....I attribute it to God, prayer, family support, and a positive attitude. I will get you another update on life soon.

1 comment:

Pemberton Family said...

Glad to hear things are still going well! Does the doctor think you will need a c-section or is it just kind of touch and go? I will pray for a continued healthy pregnancy and healthy boy. Can't wait to hear his name. Love ya!