Monday, September 14, 2009

Impromptu Camping 2009

So I woke up on Friday and decided that we needed to go camping. I called Jason after he woke up and said..."guess what". So Friday after work we pulled out our camping stuff and Saturday morning we pulled out. We went to Feragaut State Park in North Idaho on Lake Pend Orelle.
It was kinda of a crazy trip from the initial idea to getting everything set up to cooking meals. But it was lots of fun and I like that we can still pack up at the last minute and do something just like we used to.
We got only one radio station, so Jason fixed the it...if you look close he jammed a marshmallow poker into the radio....and presto bingo.....we had some tunes to sing to and dance to.
We went for hikes and poked out feet in the cold cold water.

It was great to spend time together with no tv's, not phones, no nothing....just us enjoying the brilliant stars and campfire. We hope to do it again.

3 comments:

Rach said...

How fun is that!

Pemberton Family said...

You guys looked like you had a great time. I love camping and can't wait to do alot of it as the boys get older. How are you feeling? You never posted about the heartrate. I think its a girl but I don't know why I think that:) because I would love for you to have a boy!! Either way I am sure you are just praying for healthy and that is all that matters! Love you!

Mary said...

You guys look so cute. Glad you got to get away. Life is so short.