Saturday, February 23, 2008

Tag.....I'm It

Well, I have been "tagged" (Thanks Rachel), which means that I have to take the book that is closest to me, open to page 123, find the 5th sentence and then post the net 3 sentences. Then I have to tag 5 people who will need to do that same. I chose a book that Rach gave to me for my birthday - two months ago....yep it had taken me 2 months to read 55 pages. But in keeping with the spirit of blog tag, I will fast forward to page 123. This book is called Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. It is an autobiographical tale of a woman's post-divorace journey to Italy, India and Indonesea in a search for herself, for life after lost love, mental clarity and spritiural inspiration.

Page 123...she is embracing yoga and its mental and spritual importance
"True Yogis, from thier seat of equipose, see all this world as an equal manifestation of God's creative energy - men, women, children, turnips, bedbugs, coral: it's all God in disguise. But the yogis believe a human life is a very special opportunity, because only in human form and only with a human mind can God realization ever occur. The turnips, the bedbugs, the coral - they never get a chance to find out who they really are. But we do have that chance. " 'Out whole business therefore in this life.' wrote Saint Augustine, rather Yogically, 'is to restore to health the eye of ther heart whereby God may be seen' "
I added a 4th sentence, but i felt it help complete the thought Elizabeth was trying to reach. I find the humour in this book entertaining and the journey truthful and thought provoking.
I am now going to tag the following people.....you it:
Courtney
Andrew
Mary McPherson (Momma McP)
David
Karen

1 comment:

The Mac Attack said...

Nice I love that its taken you 2 months to read 55 pages. Because the book that I did I have been reading for 3 months and am still not done. So I expect to borrow your book by the summer time, that might give you enough time to finish it. But if not I can waite until next year.