Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Madi's ears

Okay, well many of you know that Madilyn has had come acid reflux and ear problems. Well this weekend...Madilyn had a high fever and she would squeal and cry . We took her to the Dr on Monday, luckly she already had an appointment to have her ears checked. He looked at them and said...YIKES. She has an ear infection in both ears, but he believes them to be caused by acid reflux. It swells the whole area and her ears can't drain. She was on antibiotics in January for her ears. He thinks that the medicine wasn't strong enough to completely get rid of it last time. That mixed with the acid reflux and what made this flare up bad. Poor kid couldn't sleep. I just held her upright all night long and comforted her and rocked her. Now she is on high dose amoxicillian. She will go back in 10 days. If her ears are still icky they will run a few more tests and put her on acid blockers once more. If that doesn't work then she will have tubes put in. Poor little Madi!!!! One the bright side...Jason's schedule for work has been awesome. He stayed home with her yesterday and today because he was already off. So I didn't have to miss any work. I am a bit tired though. I haven't slept a whole night through since I was about 8 months pregnant, plus Sunday night I had about 3 hours of off and on sleep while holding Madi and about 5 hour off and on last night with her. But the crazy thing is that.....Sunday night and last night when I was up with her...i was not even tired. It is like everypart of me wanted to make sure Madilyn didn't hurt and my sole purpose in life was to comfort her. it is amazing how being a mom can change you and suprise oneself at the things we are biologically, spiritually and emotionally capable. I thank God for such devine craftmanshop.

2 comments:

Pemberton Family said...

Hi Mare,

I know what you mean! It is amazing how being a mother kicks your emotions into overdrive and you just do whatever you can to help your child. Poor Madi that is awful!! I will pray for her ears to clear up and her acid reflux to get better. I love the picture of her playing with her cereal though. I should have Colt do that sometime, I hate the thought of a mess though but I need to get over that and let him have his fun! Good for you for being laid back and letting her enjoy herself. You make me remember that you are only a baby once! Love ya

The Mac Attack said...

Im so sad for Madi. I want her ears to get better. Im so gald that Js schedule is what it is so that he can help her and you out. I love ya and call if you need anything Im totally here for you.